The Art of Shaving, the barber-approved luxury men’s grooming brand, has announced a holiday campaign aimed at anyone planning to get their picture taken this season. After the last year and a half of life in the age of the pandemic, a to study shows that people are ready to celebrate, shop, travel and spend time with their families during the holiday season. The Art of Shaving has teamed up with celebrity and fashion photographer Aaron Richter to shoot warm and personal holiday portraits of New York barber Richard Mendoza’s family, while collecting grooming tips and advice to get the most out of it. look and feel confident this happy season.
“A Portrait of Perfection” features Mendoza, his wife Naomi, their son, his sister Cassandra, his fiancée Dana, and Cassandra’s daughter. Originally from Queens, New York, Richard and Cassandra were inspired to become barbers by their beautician mother. Now they each own successful businesses under the 7 train, Filthy Rich Barbershop and Ztylez Studio, respectively. With this latest holiday campaign, The Art of Shaving captures picture-perfect family moments with barbers who make it their daily business to help clients feel ‘camera confident’.
Portrait photographer Aaron Richter is an expert at making people look good on film. He forms honest bonds with his subjects, including the Mendoza family. The portraits he has taken for the campaign display shared moments of spontaneity and joy – demonstrating that truly perfect images can be full of beautiful imperfections. Below, Richter shares tips on how you can capture or appear in a vacation photo that matches your personality and style.
- Get closer and lie down: Encourage everyone in your group to sit or stand a little closer together than they naturally would. Arrange the people at different levels, some in front, some in the back, some seated, some standing.
- No hands on shoulders: Consider hiding your hand on his back instead. This allows you to stay connected with others in the photo without introducing ghost numbers.
- Be an instigator: Be playful, it can keep everyone loose and laid back, provide fun and spark some spontaneity. Inevitably, if you make a jester’s effort to shine brightest in a photo, others will follow to not be overshadowed. Then everyone has a good time depending on your lead.
- Keep moving: Give the photographer something different, even if it’s just a change in head position, a change in weight, or a simple gesture.
- Consider the accessories: Don’t know what to do with your hands? Problem solved with an accessory to occupy your digits. Think of something appropriate for the scene. A holiday theme might involve the exchange of wrapped gifts.
- Talk to your photographer: Being in conversation with everyone during the photo shoot – including the photographer – makes the experience more open and inviting, putting everyone at ease.
The Art of Shaving knows that the holidays can be a stressful time with many things beyond our control, but one thing you can be sure of is that you’re looking your best. Mendoza, professional barber and partner of The Art of Shaving, shares his tips for making self-care a priority this time of year, and for you to look and feel ready whenever a camera strikes. fate.
Get a cut 1-2 times during the season: Make an appointment in advance. It’s the busiest time of the year for most businesses, especially your hairdresser. Everyone wants to look good for every event knowing there will be lots of pictures taken, so plan ahead.
Visit your hairdresser 1-2 days before family gatherings: Sometimes, immediately after a haircut, your skin may appear red, so allow time for your skin to heal, pores to close, and hairs to set. If you’re pressed for time, be sure to use a soothing moisturizer.
Consult your barber: To make sure you get the perfect look from home, ask your hairstylist to teach you how to use hair products and other grooming tools to style your hair the right way. If you are traveling by plane, ask your hairdresser if the product is available in carry-on size.
Feel confident and ready: Before you leave, check yourself in the mirror or your phone’s camera. This not only includes your hair, but also your teeth and your outfit.
“We’re a brand designed to make men look and feel their best in all aspects of life, from big holiday events to little everyday moments,” said Falguni Desai, CEO of The Art of Shaving. “We are pleased to highlight the expertise of barbers and photographers as a resource to help ease stress and feel confident this season.”
The Art of Shaving offers a wide selection of luxury grooming products to keep men looking and feeling their best all season long, no matter how many times the cameras come out. With The art of shaving Travel kits and gift sets, there’s no shortage of suave facial hair that men can perfect at home or when visiting family this holiday season. With the GilletteLabs heated razor, Gillette Labs | Bugatti Heated Razor, and Braun’s IPL, discerning groomers who prefer a gadget in their routine can also feel confident and secure before they find themselves in front of a camera. Available for purchase on TheArtofShaving.com.
The Art of Shaving will be sharing product tips and grooming tips for perfect (and perfectly imperfect) vacation photos on our Instagram channel this year. @TheArtofShaving using the hashtag #PortraitOfPerfection. Get all the advice you need this season, share your personal tips and post your own “Portrait of Perfection”.